- List of searchable search engines.
- Abbreviations.com is the world's largest and most comprehensive directory and search engine for acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms on the Internet. Abbreviations.com holds hundreds of thousands of entries organized by a large variety of categories from computing and the Web to governmental, medicine and business and it is expanding daily.
- A searchable database of acronyms, abbreviations and meanings. Covers: common acronyms, computers, science, technology, government, telecommunications, and military acronyms.
- An index of on-line dictionaries with dictionaries in more than 220 different languages. It includes glossaries of specialized terminology and other vocabulary aids. It also includes an index of on-line grammars and several pages of linguistic fun.
- AnyWho is a free directory service with residential, business, and government white and yellow page listings.
- Features authoritative site reviews by Britannica editors and utilizes
advanced search and retrieval technology to deliver accurate search results.
Bushel Bin Calculator
- The Grain Bin/Bushel Calculator can easily be used to determine the number of bushels being stored in a bin. You will need to know: circumference (if bin is round), length and width (if bin is rectangular), grain height, grain peak height and actual test weight of the commodity.
- Convert.net is an online conversions calculator for a variety of unit measurements featuring natural language queries. You can use Convert.net to sum up a list of numbers, convert from pounds to kilograms, or evaluate any other mathematical expression. Convert.net can evaluate mathematical expressions involving basic arithmetic, advanced math and logic, and conversions of a large number of unit measurements in different fields.
- Definitions.net is an Online dictionary providing instant lookup and translations of word and phrase definitions, complete with images. To use the dictionary, simply type a word in the search box that appears at the top of every page and click the 'Search' button.
FindHow - The How-To Search Engine
- FindHow, the How-To search engine, focuses on indexing only high-quality How-To's, typically from well-known, recognized brand names or individuals. Many of these sources (often companies, government entities, or educational institutions) have other motives for providing information besides pure profits, and most have trusted, off-line brand name reputations to protect - which encourages them to focus on providing trustworthy and high-quality information.
North American Industry Classification System
- The official U.S. Government searchable NAICS web site. NAICS is the North American Industry Classification System - the new industry classification that replaces the SIC - Standard Industrial Classification System.
OneLook Reverse Dictionary
- OneLook's reverse dictionary lets you describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept. Your description can be a few words, a sentence, a question, or even just a single word. Just type it into the box above and hit the "Find words" button. Keep it short to get the best results. In most cases you'll get back a list of related terms with the best matches shown first.
- Quotes.net provides thousands of famous quotations from many authors that can be browsed, searched, heard and translated to several languages.
- Searchable quotes indexed by subject and by author.
- Directory of Internet research and references sites.
- References.net is a multidisciplinary web directory of reference resources that can be searched and browsed alphabetically and by category.
RefSeek.com - Academic Search
- RefSeek is a web search engine for students and researchers. RefSeek aims to make academic information easily accessible to everyone. RefSeek searches more than one billion documents, including web pages, books, encyclopedias, journals, and newspapers.
- Directory of public record databases.
SIC- Standard Industrial Classifications Index
Standards and Standardization Bodies
- Directory of standards and standardization bodies, both national and international.
Statistical Resources on the Web
- Synonyms.net is an online synonyms thesaurus reference resource. To use Synonyms.net, simply type a word in the search box and click the 'Search' button. A list of synonyms for the different word senses will be returned followed with images.
Texas State Library and Archive Commission
- This is the home page for the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, which includes brief news items.
The National Address Server
- Given a valid U.S. postal address, this server attempts to rewrite the address in the proper format along with the ZIP+4 code. If it is successful, you can retrieve a Postscript or a GIF file of the address for printing, with a barcode. You can also view a street map of the address, from 2 different Internet map sites (MapBlast and MapQuest).
Time and Date
- This site includes lots of information that is time and date related, such as yearly and monthly calendars, countdown counters and the world clock which shows current time in cities all over the world.
United States Postal Service ZIP Code Lookup
- Search for zip codes by address, city, company name or find all cities in a zip code.
Vital Records Information United States
- Information about where to
obtain vital records (i.e. birth or death certificate, marriage license, divorce decree) from each state, territory and county of the U.S.
- WhitePages is your go-to source for the most reliable contact information online. With accurate information for almost 200 million U.S. adults, we make finding and connecting with others incredibly simple and incredibly free.
- Wordnik wants to be a place for all the words, and everything known about them.
Traditional dictionaries make you wait until they've found what they consider to be "enough" information about a word before they will show it to you. Wordnik knows you don't want to wait if you're interested in a word, we're interested too!
Our goal is to show you as much information as possible, just as fast as we can find it, for every word in English, and to give you a place where you can make your own opinions about words known. By "information," we don't just mean traditional definitions (although we have plenty of those)! This information could be:
- An example sentence, even if we've only found one sentence for a word, we'll show it to you.
- Related words: not just synonyms and antonyms, but words that are used in the same contexts.
- Images tagged by our friends at Flickr: want to know what a "pout" looks like? We'll show you.
- Statistics: how rare is "tintinnabulation"?
- An audio pronunciation, and you can record your own.
- Something YOU tell us. Use the "Contribute" links to tell us something anything about a word.
World Flag Database
- Database of world flags.
- Free zipcode lookup with areacode, county, latitude, longitude, MSA, PMSA, congressional district, FIPS code, and timezone. Updated monthly.
- Free zip code finder. Lookup ZIP codes by city, address, state, county, or area code and get all the zip codes.